Can't access AP configuration page

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-03-07 12:43:43
Region : Australia

Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP : Bigpond

Hi I've installed a TP-Link TL-WA901ND and i can't access the configuration page I've typed in 192.168.1.254 in the address bar it just keeps timing out. I have pinged the address through CMD and it times out.
It is connected to a switch via cat5 and working as my mobile phone and tablet can connect to the it with full strength but i can't get into the configuration to secure it with a password anyone can freely connect to it at the moment.
I've tried from 3 different computers and tried plugging my pc into it directly, the web page just keeps timing out. All the lights on the front are flashing and seem to be working.
If anyone can help me that would be great.

Thanks Andrew
Options
6 Reply
Re:Can't access AP configuration page
2013-03-07 14:13:44
I figure it out my network was on a different ip range it was on 192.168.0.1 so i plug ed my pc directly into the access point and changed my pc IP to 192.168.1.2 then got into the AP then changed the AP ip address so 192.168.0.254 so now i can access it through my normal network!!
Options
Cofiguration Page Problems
2014-02-12 15:50:25
Andrew,

If you do not mind, could you spare time to assist a novice?

Have the same difficulty, this with the WA5210G. I am setting up a point-to-point connection - 2 units face to face. All lights are on both units.

I have tried the fix indicated in the User Guide re Troubleshooting but like yourself, no result.

Any advice or references you can provide will be gratefully received.

How did you find out your network was on a different range (whatever that is)?

And what is the logic behind the choice of IP addresses?

I connect to bigpond via a 3G wireless adaptor.

Finally, I have checked the firmware versions and there are a number of updates with no indication as to if I must apply all, in what sequence, or only the latest (this may not be in your field of knowledge).

Regards,

Patrick.

Novice Benalla Victoria.
Options
Help appreciated
2014-02-13 10:17:22

fotodamaris wrote

1-Im not Andrew
2-what fix, what user guide, how do we know what you had seen.
3, 4 & 5-only you know what you are connected to, and that has a gateway, the ip of 5210 is 192.168.1.254 you have to connect it to your Lap and assign a sattic ip to it here http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=14, and type 192.168.1.254 on your browser, the login and password is admin on both, once there use this guide to set you 2 5210s How do I configure wireless Access Point to Point to Point Bridge mode here http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=176, once set run a lan cable from your ISP to the lan of the 5210 POE, you must have internet on second 5210, if you did not enable Bridge with AP test it with a Lap on second 5210.

I have attempted to provide intelligent answers and examples of what I have to work with. I have then attempted to send this in an attached word document but this has exceeded the limit imposed. If you can still help, is there a way to get this to you?

Regards,

Patrick.
Options
2014-02-13 15:21:21
I figured it out.

Thanks for the help.

Patrick.
Options
Further TL-WA7510N Questions
2014-12-10 12:44:01

fotodamaris wrote

snip- once set run a lan cable from your ISP to the lan of the 5210 POE, you must have internet on second 5210, if you did not enable Bridge with AP test it with a Lap on second 5210.

1.So when doing the initial setup for my 7510, I *must* plug it in to the Internet with an ethernet cable? It doesn't work to try to connect wirelessly?
That may explain why it hasn't been working. The setup does not explain this step anywhere.

2. What steps do I take after that? 2a. What needs to be done after it's plugged in to the cable to keep it receiving an Internet connection?

3. I need to connect a router to broadcast the signal for my wireless devices. Do I need to keep the 7510 plugged in to the ethernet for this, or will it receive an Internet connection so I can set up the router in its home location? (4. The 7510 is set up as an AP, is that the correct config for this?)

Thank you for your time.
Options
2014-12-11 00:58:16
I read the articles, but do not understand them. Do I need to download and update something?

I have one 7510, I was told it could receive Internet from neighbour (laptop sometimes gets one bar) and, using router, broacast Internet to my wireless devices at home. I am now trying again from inside my friend's house with two bars of wifi.

I have done the static IP, I have gone through the TP-link menu to set up the system, and it says everything is fine, but I do not know what to do with it afterwards. All the bars are lit, and my computer says there are full bars for this new Internet connection, but it is not actually connected to the Internet. Not connected wirelessly, not connected with ethernet cable, no Internet, nothing. I do not know what to do from here.

I tried connecting the modem and running its setup, but it gave error messages because there was no Internet connection.

How do I make the jump from a set-up 7510, with ISP username and password, to connecting to the Internet?

thank you.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1608

Replies: 6

Related Articles