Deco X60 which switch wired backhaul?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-22 18:06:36
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

Just ordered 4 Deco X60's for my new home and am excited.  I'm looking for a 8 port switch (US) to run a wired backhaul in a Star configuration using CAT6 wires.  With so many choices, I'm not sure which ones I should look at as there are so many available ranging from $17 to over $150, would like to keep it a TP-Link unit.  

The system is only gonna have the 4 Deco X60's and 2 Roku's hooked up, everthing else is wireless.

I know it has to run IEEE 1905.1 protocol, my ISP is 1 Gbps but may be more in the coming years, that's all I know about this stuff.

Cliff notes; Tell me which 8 port switch(s) to buy that won't slow my system down or give me issues with wired backhaul with Deco X60's.

Thank you,

Chad

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco X60 which switch wired backhaul?
2021-07-22 19:39:04 - last edited 2021-07-22 19:40:27

@ChadK 

Look for unmanaged 8-port gigabit switch. I think any such from TP-Link brand can do. 

In my household, I run everything wired on TRENDnet TEG-S80g 8-port gigabit switch. All ports are in use, including two wired Deco units, Main and Satellite. Switch is doing just fine under the load. Using it for 6 years already.

Options
Re:Deco X60 which switch wired backhaul?
2021-10-05 20:23:45

@ChadK I just installed a TP-Link 5-Port switch (TL-SG105) and it works great as an Ethernet backhaul for Deco #2. I have not measured speeds on Deco #2 compared to using no switch (but with direct backhaul to Deco #1 instead of switch), but I am confident that this works. I also intend to connect a printer to the switch and share the printer on the network (I have tried WPS wireless connection from printer to Deco x60 but it's been flakey). Hope this helps (it's the inexpensive route!).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1232

Replies: 2

Related Articles