Range Extender Archer A6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Range Extender Archer A6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Range Extender Archer A6
Range Extender Archer A6
2021-08-02 04:29:33
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 210513

How to use Archer A6 v3 as wireless range extender ??

I am using airtel fiber net and want to extend its range, i tried multiple methods like access point and all but not worked. I also tried changing the ip of the tp link router and configure it but it automatically disconnects after sometime.. Need help.. !!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Range Extender Archer A6
2021-08-02 04:52:21 - last edited 2021-08-02 04:53:07

@Mohit02 

If you want to configure A6 as an AP follow this guide - Case 1.

A6 LAN ip address should be in the same subnet as the ISP router LAN IP address.

Also A6 DHCP server should be disabled.

Connect one of the LAN ports of your ISP router to the WAN port (Internet port) of the A6.

If you want to connect A6 to your ISP router wirelessly (wireless range extender) - you should build a WDS - use this guide.

Same rules apply for A6 LAN IP address and its DHCP server as like configuring in AP mode.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-08-02 07:11:51

@terziyski 

Thanks.. Will try..

Options
2021-08-02 07:31:50

@terziyski 

Hey.

I configured it using the wireless method but is not getting connected to my Martin router.. it keeps on connecting and gets disconnected..

Any suggestions?

Options
2021-08-02 08:10:49 - last edited 2021-08-04 07:25:21

@Mohit02 

It could be many reasons for failing to build the WDS.

The main router wireless channel should be static (not Auto).

For wireless security settings on your main router use these:

The extended router should be in wireless signal range of the main router.

And even you've met all these requirements, it's possible that they are incompatible for building WDS.

If you're using 5GHz band for building WDS, set a static wireless channel on the main router to be one of these (36/40/44/48).

I would suggest to use the wired range extender scenario - access point (AP) mode.

That way the connection between routers would be more stable and with higher bandwidth.

Follow the guide I posted or you can even watch this on video.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2305

Replies: 4

Related Articles