Archer AX50 firmware is dead ? big problems with heat my dear customers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX50 firmware is dead ? big problems with heat my dear customers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
25 Reply
Re:Archer AX50 firmware is dead ? big problems with heat my dear customers
2021-09-13 10:11:23 - last edited 2021-09-15 11:37:08

@LordBeerus 

Except me who has problem updating to that firmware.

Previously, I installed beta ax50v1_intel-up-ver1-1-0-P10[20201013-rel33896]_noRadarDetect.bin, apparently, due version numbering issue, I keep on getting "Unable to upgrade" message.

I emailed TP-Link technical support and make one thread about it. Still waiting for reply.

edit: Just got a ticket created for this particular issue on 2:15pm 14 Sept 2021.

Note:

From what I can see after comparing the bin files, it appears that the DFS channel switching issue still exists. However, between security and DFS channel, I opt for security.

Wish me luck on upgrading to that official firmware.

edit:

15 Sept 2021.

Support engineer responded and I am able to update the firmware to the latest version.

Options
2021-09-17 17:47:07 - last edited 2021-09-17 18:08:09

@JohnLai 

I'm glad they were able to solve your problem,but I'm still not happy with the latest firmware update,1 year has passed since this model did not receive a firmware update,and when you get a new firmware all I get is a poor update with some bug fixes and that's about it ? I was expecting a big firmware update, that is, we are talking about an update that has not been done for 1 year quite disappointed again from tp link

today I gave a reboot the router and again I woke up to this problem it doesn't show me the right speed,I had to reset the router twice to recover it is clear that the firmware has a bug,so tp link don't sleep anymore this problem is 1 year old and nothing was solved

I rebooted the router twice after he recovered:

Options
2021-09-18 01:03:33

@LordBeerus 

Hmm, I think I encounter such issue before.

It is related to QOS functionality which disabled NAT Boost/Acceleration.

Funny thing is, with default settings (freshly reset), NAT Boost works. However, the moment user turns QOS active even once, NAT Boost will stay off forever even after user disables QOS. The only way to get NAT Boost active again is fully reset the router again.

*How I discover the issue---> Back in the first initially released firmware, there was no option to configure QOS except using TP-Link Tether apps. ----> I played around with QOS and everything was fine where 2 servers are getting its QOS balanced speeds........ until after few hours, boom, the speed drop to 1-50Mbps (via LAN) instead of usual 400-500Mbps (My ISP package) ---> Spent few days in diagnosing the issue and gave up, then realised AX50 maintains at full speed performance without QOS after router reset.

*QOS works in distributing the bandwidth as I setup accordingly, but only for first few hours. AX50 CPU is powerful enough to handle NAT routing in pure software/CPU mode and allow user to get full speed. Unfortunately, there seems to be a strange bug that causes the performance to plunge after few hours.frown

Perhaps you want to test it out? Fully reset the router via pressing the reset button and configure it via 192.168.0.1 only (Do not use the Tether app and DON'T touch the QOS setting at all)

Options
2021-09-24 18:45:07 - last edited 2021-09-24 18:49:21

@JohnLai 

Hi well i never  touch the QOS setting at all o-0 but the problem appears at the moment when I give reboot the router the correct internet speed no longer works,the only method I've seen is reebot the router twice and the problem was fixed [this bug Firmware it starts to annoy me] those from tp link didn't solve anything and when I think about it, this model hasn't received an update in over 1 year,but when he received an update after 1 year all I received was a poor update with some bugs fixed and that's about it thanks TP LINK,this was possible after more than 1 year you will realize what a lot of work the people from tp link did that is, they did nothing in 1 year again thanks tp link for nothing

Options
2021-09-28 07:33:49

Thanks for the information @terziyski .

I have no more issues .... since I switched to an Asus router which is working perfectly and which is updated very frequently, including many security fixes. No more TP Link product for me, even for free...

Options
Related Articles