Please help, connecting virgin media hub with tp link router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-10 10:08:23
Model: TP-Link Routers  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Please could someone help an idiot....with a guide to getting this set up 

after 3 hours I have given up and will try again tomorrow 

I bought a AX5400 Mbps WiFi 6 Gigabit wireless router to replace my virgin media hub as the router was awful 

I put virgin media hub in modem mode 

connected the new router to it but I get an orange light stating it isn't connecting or had a connection to the modem, I cannot open the tp link home page or get any internet to work, it works on my pc only if I leave my pc connected to the virgin media hub 

I tried everything to get some sort of internet connected to the tp link but nothing works, I can see the wireless network but there with 3 signal bars but it won't work 

is there anyone kind enough for a step by step guide for me, ive reset everything to using the vm by switching it back so we have internet here for our phones etc 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Please help, connecting virgin media hub with tp link router
2021-08-10 17:31:37

@Lfc19titles 

In Virgin Media community you should find some suggestions about this configuration:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Super-hub-3-3rd-party-router-set-up/td-p/4467212

Try the steps from the second post in that thread.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options