Wireless delay with Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-10 18:09:23 - last edited 2021-08-14 06:00:01
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have an issue about my Deco M5 mesh network. The main deco is connected to my ISP's router and I am using only the wireless of my 3 deco m5's. Also I have my PC directly connected to my ISP's router.

When I try to open a website from my cellphone which is connnected to the deco's wifi network, the websites opens up approximately after 10 seconds. When I try to open the same website from my PC, the website loads instantly. At first I've thought that that was because of weak wifi signal but when I enable my ISP's router's wifi and try to connect to the same website, the website loads instantly again.

I was not having this issue before, I haven't changed any configuration such as beam forming, antivirus etc. It is strange that the same 10 seconds delay also occurs when I try to connect to the deco app on my cellphone. 

Thanks for your help.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Wireless delay with Deco M5-Solution
2021-08-11 11:59:32 - last edited 2021-08-14 06:00:01

@onkatr 

This is unusual. To eliminate possibility of Deco mesh misconfiguration, I would suggest switching it to Access Point mode and testing again. In Access Point mode Deco mesh just broadcasts WiFi signal, without any traffic or content filtering. It also relies on ISP router to provide DNS services.

That means, if in Access Mode device connected to Deco WiFi loads web pages fast, something was wrong in Deco Router mode configuration. If it still does not, the problem is somewhere else.

You can change Deco Operating Mode to Access Point in Deco app:

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Wireless delay with Deco M5-Solution
2021-08-11 11:59:32 - last edited 2021-08-14 06:00:01

@onkatr 

This is unusual. To eliminate possibility of Deco mesh misconfiguration, I would suggest switching it to Access Point mode and testing again. In Access Point mode Deco mesh just broadcasts WiFi signal, without any traffic or content filtering. It also relies on ISP router to provide DNS services.

That means, if in Access Mode device connected to Deco WiFi loads web pages fast, something was wrong in Deco Router mode configuration. If it still does not, the problem is somewhere else.

You can change Deco Operating Mode to Access Point in Deco app:

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 437

Replies: 1

Related Articles