WDS Bridging on TP Link Archer AX73??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-11 05:19:42

Hello,

is compatible with Wireless Distribution System (WDS) on AX5400 Archer AX73??

I have support on the second router, but I don't know if WDS support is on the router.

WDS must be supported and configured on both routers or only on the other router?

Thank you very much for your answer.

Options
5 Reply
Re:WDS Bridging on TP Link Archer AX73??
2021-08-11 08:44:17

@Brejkax 

WDS should be configured only on the extended router. You main router don't have to be re-configured - here's the guide.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-02-02 22:34:48 - last edited 2022-02-02 22:35:51

Hello @Brejkax,

With the last firmware upgrade, I can't find the Advanced > System Tools > System Parameters menu described in the guide.
I didn't find any WDS options with the router or access point operation mode.

In the documentation of the Archer AX73(EU)_V1_211125, there is this note: You will be unable to downgrade to the previous firmware version after updating this firmware.

Does anyone have a solution to enable the WDS option on the AX73 please?

Options
2022-02-03 02:11:20

@DiegoDev 

The guide in question is not for AX73, it's for router models that support WDS - it was posted just as an example.

AX73 doesn't support WDS - you can find its user guide here.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-02-03 13:48:41

My AX73 worked fine with the Mercusys MR50G. The main router is AX73, in WDS mode - MR50G.

But with the TL-WR2543ND router, my AX73 refused to work.

Only after installing DD-WRT on TL-WR2543ND, I was able to connect it as a WDS to AX73.

Options
2022-02-03 15:01:23

@STN 

That's most probably because the WDS has not been standardized. Here's a warning about this:

"

In order to build a successful WDS connection between different devices, it requires that both devices use the same wireless MAC address format.For example,Site A uses 4-address MAC Address format in passive WDS bridge mode,Site B also uses 4-address MAC Address format in active WDS bridge mode.
WDS may be incompatible between different products (even occasionally from the same vendor) since the IEEE 802.11-1999 standard does not define how to construct any such implementations or how stations interact to arrange for exchanging frames of this format.-----From Wikipedia

"

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 3856

Replies: 5

Related Articles