Connect the router and the DECO X20 satellites with an RJ 45 socket

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-12 13:06:36
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

Is it possible to connect the DECO X20 router to its satellites via one of the RJ 45 sockets connected to an Ethernet switch to hope to obtain a better connection than by connecting them normally, that is to say in WiFi. I need a fairly large area to cover so I don't want to waste power by using WiFi to connect the satellites into them and I'm not talking about thick walls.

If so, can you confirm that the WiFi mesh will be functional ?

And are there specific parameters to adjust to connect the wired satellites or just connect them via Ethernet plug?

I would like to be that this is possible before proceeding to purchase.

Thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connect the router and the DECO X20 satellites with an RJ 45 socket
2021-08-12 13:13:03

@Lucasscolo 

> Is it possible to connect the DECO X20 router to its satellites via one of the RJ 45 sockets connected to an Ethernet switch

Yes, it is possible and recommended if you have that option.

> If so, can you confirm that the WiFi mesh will be functional ?

Yes, it will.

> And are there specific parameters to adjust to connect the wired satellites or just connect them via Ethernet plug?

No parameters to adjust, but you must be mindful of what type and brand of networking switch you use and with what Operating Mode you run your Deco mesh: Router or Access Point. You'll find more information on that topic here: General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

Options