Deco Access Point Speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco Access Point Speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco Access Point Speed
Deco Access Point Speed
2021-08-13 22:00:33
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 20210126 rel 62679

Currently using M9+ with my BGW320 gateway since AT&T doesn't allow bridge mode I have the deco's in AP mode.  Problem I am seeing is that the speed is limited when compared to my M5 network which is thru Xfinity which is in bridge mode.  I have seen several complaints about the Deco's in AP mode having speed issues and I have found no resolutions to this.  Oh one thing to note I have done a reset a couple of times on the Decos and when I setup the initial speedtest shows full speeds then from then on its crap.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco Access Point Speed
2021-08-14 00:41:36

FranticGolf wrote

I have done a reset a couple of times on the Decos and when I setup the initial speedtest shows full speeds then from then on its crap.

@FranticGolf 

Can you be more specific on "full speed," in Mbps, and "its crap" speed?

Also, what do you use to run speedtest?

I have set of two Deco M9 Plus and two Deco M5, all run in single Deco mesh in Access Point mode since I bought them. Three units wired, one M9 Plus connected to Main Deco  M9 Plus by wireless backhaul. I do not see WiFi speed degradation with time on M9 Plus units. They also perform better than M5 units.

I saw your post and ran speedtest on smartphone against Main Deco M9 Plus, see results below, and also see results from previous days. You can see speed going up and down in different tests, but it should be expected from WiFi. My ISP Internet is asymmetrical: gigabit down, 30Mbps up.

Still, first and last speed test are over 500 Mbps. That is quite good for WiFi5 and tests done in regular household environment, with electronic noise and interference, and on smartphone.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 184

Replies: 1

Related Articles