Parental Control not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-17 18:42:28
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.0.7 Build 20200831 rel.59087 (US)

Hi!

I'm trying to setup the Parental Control on my Archer C1200 without success. I need to block youtube for the kids on the mornings but it doesn't work.

I tried with this schema and the inverted one (everything that is cyan goes white and viceversa), but it is NOT blocking the access.

Does anybody knows what I'm doing wrong?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Parental Control not working
2021-08-17 20:18:00

@ludiccc 

Use this guide for configuring the Parental Control. There are three examples at the end of the guide.

If you're restricting kids mobiles make sure to set the phone MAC address on the mobile (not randomized MAC address):

https://help.firewalla.com/hc/en-us/articles/360055342613-How-to-turn-off-MAC-Address-Randomization-

otherwise everytime, when their mobile is connected to the router's Wi-Fi, will be with a different(randomized) MAC address and the Parental Control rule won't work.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Parental Control not working
2021-08-18 10:50:35

@terziyski I have already tried that guide. It still is not working like at all.

The only thing that I could manage to try was to stop all the Internet on certain hours, but I need to do it just for certain sites <- I have in mind that there's a blacklist and a whitelist.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 586

Replies: 2

Related Articles