Problem connecting wireless printer on Deco network to LAN computer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-18 12:37:30
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have the main (Inteno) router provided by my ISP. Deco devices (operation mode Wireless router) are connected to the main router. I just added wireless printer HP Laser Jep Pro M15w to the Deco wireless network. The printer is discoverable for all my wireless devices which connect to the same Deco wifi. But I cannot connect to the printer from my desktop computer which only has LAN connection to the main router. 

For example: my Deco wifi network has fixed IP 192.168.1.X and the new wireless printer on the Deco network has IP 192.168.68.Y. My Windows 10 desktop computer (IP 192.168.1.Z) on the main router does not seem be able to find the printer with IP 192.168.68.Y. 

I tried to set up port forwarding on Deco but either I am doing it wrong or some other settings are wrong, so I am unable to connect to the wifi printer from my LAN computer.

Any suggestions and details are welcome.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Problem connecting wireless printer on Deco network to LAN computer
2021-08-18 13:31:12

@alex110 

Can't help with port forwarding, but here are other possible solutions:

1. Switch Deco mesh to Access Point mode.

2. Find way to connect Windows PC to Main Deco second Ethernet port;

3. If your ISP Router offers WiFi, enable it, set with different SSID from Deco mesh and connect wireless printer to SSID of ISP Router;

4. If you use printer with Windows PC only, and you just got it, perhaps you could return that printer and get different model with USB port to connect directly to desktop PC.

Any one of these should work. 

Options
Re:Problem connecting wireless printer on Deco network to LAN computer
2021-08-18 19:05:05

@Alexandre. 

All of the solutions probably work but are not the best for my situation as I have a number of PCs as well as laptops and I would like to use the functionality of Deco system. As a workaround, I currently connected the printer to the ISP router wifi but actually I would like to switch the ISP router wifi off.

So I would still be grateful for any "port forwarding type" of solutions or suggestions.

Options