EAP225 blocking websites out of box

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-20 09:00:16
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi there,

Just got 2 of these ap's working and they are blocking my banking sites and Android apps straight out of the box. I have not implemented any restrictions. 

I originally just used the phone app to set them up but have now adopted them via a controller on my pc. 

Still the same issues. 

Options
6 Reply
Re:EAP225 blocking websites out of box
2021-08-20 10:01:12

@JamesFar 

Hey

If you can provide us some more details on your setup, configuration etc we can try and help you further.

What is happening when its blocked?  is there a warning?   can you ping the website?  

Did you try the APs in standalone mode (not adopted to controller) and does this change anything?   The 225 is just an AP and has no filtering built in as default, this is handled by controller so in standalone mode it wont block anything.. that would be my first test

Options
2021-08-20 10:02:03

@Philbert 

Also ensure they are on the latest firmware  (v5.0.3 if memory serves)

Options
2021-08-20 14:30:43

@Philbert 

thanks for the reply.

I've 2 ap's in to a standard giga switch running nowtv broadband.  Newest Firmeware on both ap's

When connected to the aps as standalone I cant reach firstdirect.com or tsb.co.uk.  unable to ping either. On phone when off wifi they connect straight away . 

I then ran a controller on my PC and adopted the ap's. Still the same issue. 

I have just added the websites to the URL filtering as allowed and this has now resolved the issues. 

This is the first time usinf TP as I usually run Ubiquity on the jobs we install. 

I'm not sure if its the URL filtering that sorted it or it was just waiting to update something. 

Options
2021-08-20 14:38:26

@JamesFar 

Hey

Generally there are no filters enabled by default, which is strange that a URL allow would sort this.

Would you have a screenshot of any filters you have in place on the controller?   

This could also be a false positive as there was an outage for Sky Internet all morning, specifically on banking sites.. Now TV is owned by sky so likely affected also

It could well be the URL allowing is false positive and it actually wasn't anything your side, its just been fixed within the last hour

https://inews.co.uk/news/technology/santander-tsb-hsbc-down-online-banking-not-working-sky-broadband-problems-latest-1159833

I would try disabling the URL allow and retest this

Options
2021-08-20 14:48:41
I've just taken off all the filters and its working still. I think you've hit it right with the Sky issues earlier. I should have more confidence in the new kit and checked Sky for faults first. Thank you for all your help. I've just ordered a cloud key to leave running permanently and looking at a new switch also. James.
Options
2021-08-20 14:51:28

@JamesFar 

Happy days, glad that is working for you

Yeah the Omada comes with no blocks out of the box so should be good for anything.  It was a customer mentioned the sky outtage to me about two hours ago, should have caught it sooner.

Enjoy the new OC200 Controller and switch if you order one :)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 886

Replies: 6

Related Articles