TL-WR940N loops endlessly when booting -- bricked?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-20 13:29:39
Model: TL-WR940N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: ?

I jus bought this TP-Link WR940N v6 router from Amazon a few days ago, and it worked perfectly as a bridge in our home until 2 days ago.

Now it keeps looping endlessly when it is powered on, and never gets to a point where the light stays blue and stable. Basically, as soon as the light becomes blue after the couple of blinking orange lights, it immediately goes back to orange again and restarts the same loop from scratch.

Anyway, I tried to use other ethernet cables, and also tried everything else I could think of, but to no avail. Even factory resets didn't work, using the Reset button on the back of the router, as well as trying firmware updates (using this method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW5fpOWpI0I as the router never boots far enough for the tplinkwifi.net interface to load and thus allow me to access the settings... but it doesn't look like the firmware update worked, it then just goes back to the booting loop).

Is my brand new router bricked? angry

Is there anything that could be done to reset/repair it?

I don't know what happened, as we didn't do anything to it, didn't even touch it before it stopped working (maybe the rather hot summer weather could have been the cause? surprise).

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WR940N loops endlessly when booting -- bricked?
2021-08-20 16:01:21

@Kamiku 

It's hard to say what has happend with the device, but judging by your unsuccessful attempts to recover its normal behaviour, I would suggest to use the RMA.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 769

Replies: 1

Related Articles