How to block Youtube access for some clients?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-20 18:57:27
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi!

I have been using AX50 router for my home network for a year.
The trouble I have faced couple of months ago is that I am not able to block Youtube on certain devices.
The Parental control only allows to block all streaming media, including Netflix, etc... which is a problem as I need to have Netflix app running on my smart TVs.

I specifically need to block Youtube only on the following devices:

Permanently:

2 Xboxes
2 Smart TVs

1 Samsung A7 tablet

Only after 10 p.m.:

1 samsung A21 smartphone

I am now about to buy a new router, namely, AX73, and I would love to know, whether a Home Shield Basic has this particular feature or not.

A would also like to address TP-Link engineers to tell that the main difference of Netflix and other paid official streaming services that it does control the broadcasted content by default, while Youtube is a HUUUUGE uncontrollable pain in the neck for all parents worldwide right at the moment. If you are able to block Youtube/TikTok and other such apps on your devices, you will certanly win the race.  

Options