Connected Devices Information

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-26 00:24:57 - last edited 2021-08-26 00:26:29

Hi,

Where can I find information on the devices connected to my network? This helps tremendously for identifying devices. For example in UniFi OS I can click a device and it gives me the vendor information :

Options
3 Reply
Re:Connected Devices Information
2021-08-26 07:09:23

@Bald_Beaver 

Sadly in Omada SDN the information provided for devices isn't as fully populated or available, we are limited to just MAC, HostName and that's about it really.

Clicking a device in CLIENTS will show you this on the right side popup

Options
2021-08-27 05:43:23

@Philbert So when you get something like this:

or this:

How in the world do you find the device? Go to each of the possible several hundred and search for MAC addresses? On my home network, I have over 100+ devices... on UniFi OS it correctly identifies 90% of them properly, so it makes assigning static IPs or blocking certain devices easy. It at least give you a place to start looking... for example I have 5 Apple TVs in my home well if it shows up as an Apple TV I at least know to go look at those 5 devices rather than searching through every device on the network.

This is what my network looks like on Omada:

This is what some devices look like in UniFi:

How is it that UniFi can identify hostnames/devices that Omada can't? I very seldom see MAC addresses for client names in UniFi.

Is better client identification on the roadmap for Omada SDN?

Options
2021-08-27 11:01:38

@Bald_Beaver 

Yeah i had to rename them all as they first connected, was a real pain at the start!

Totally agree that there should be something like UniFi offers.  All i can speculate is that Omada is still only 3 years old now so its quite young and missing features, despite the version being SDCv4

Heard a bit of noise about SDN v5 later this year so hoping that it includes some useful changes like this.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 611

Replies: 3

Related Articles