Connecting a wired computer to a Deco M5 Unit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-01 07:02:07 - last edited 2021-09-01 20:44:00
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.3

I connected my Deco M5 kit in router mode and with ethernet backhaul and it is working great!, but when I tried to wire my computer with the unit in my room, couldnt get it to work, what do I need to do? 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Connecting a wired computer to a Deco M5 Unit-Solution
2021-09-01 14:36:41 - last edited 2021-09-01 20:44:00

@Kabuman 

Usually all it takes is connect device by Ethernet cable to Deco, and it'll work. 

Two common scenario when it does not:

1. You have IPTV enabled and trying to connect computer to Deco Ethernet port with IPTV. Either connect computer to different Deco Ethernet port, or disable IPTV.  More about IPTV is here: How to Configure IPTV function on Deco?

2. Your computer has static IP address configured in it. The solution would be to make it request IP address dynamically. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Connecting a wired computer to a Deco M5 Unit-Solution
2021-09-01 14:36:41 - last edited 2021-09-01 20:44:00

@Kabuman 

Usually all it takes is connect device by Ethernet cable to Deco, and it'll work. 

Two common scenario when it does not:

1. You have IPTV enabled and trying to connect computer to Deco Ethernet port with IPTV. Either connect computer to different Deco Ethernet port, or disable IPTV.  More about IPTV is here: How to Configure IPTV function on Deco?

2. Your computer has static IP address configured in it. The solution would be to make it request IP address dynamically. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Connecting a wired computer to a Deco M5 Unit
2021-09-01 20:43:39
Thanks!! it was the IP, changed it do DHCP and it worked as a charm
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 684

Replies: 2

Related Articles