Deco E4 whole home mesh system (3 units)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-06 19:51:32 - last edited 2021-09-07 08:58:06
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Quick novice question. Wanting to either replace my current WiFi/router (as supplied by Vodafone) or enhance the WiFi range etc using the Deco E4 mesh system (3 units). My internet comes in through the tel line.....can I connect the main telephone socket to one of the E4s and have this replace the existing router or do I need to connect one of the E4s to this existing router?

cheers in advance 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco E4 whole home mesh system (3 units)-Solution
2021-09-06 20:47:20 - last edited 2021-09-07 08:58:06

@Racekaby 

You seem to be having DSL internet. Deco E4 can not connect to DSL, it only has Ethernet ports. 

You can use E4 to enchance WiFi range. After initial setup of first E4 that will be connected to existing router, configure your Deco mesh to run in Access Point mode. You can do that in Deco app on smartphone. 

Then, add remaining units to your Deco mesh. 

You will not need to make any changes in your existent router configuration, except you should turn off its WiFi. 

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco E4 whole home mesh system (3 units)-Solution
2021-09-06 20:47:20 - last edited 2021-09-07 08:58:06

@Racekaby 

You seem to be having DSL internet. Deco E4 can not connect to DSL, it only has Ethernet ports. 

You can use E4 to enchance WiFi range. After initial setup of first E4 that will be connected to existing router, configure your Deco mesh to run in Access Point mode. You can do that in Deco app on smartphone. 

Then, add remaining units to your Deco mesh. 

You will not need to make any changes in your existent router configuration, except you should turn off its WiFi. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 518

Replies: 1