Using US firmware on EU models (Deco X20)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-09 16:02:09
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi!

I have two sets of Deco X20, one purchased in Spain (EU version) and one purchased in USA (US version)... I'm currently using some US Wifi products which can not see channels 12-13 so I'm using my US model as "main deco", to force using channels below 12-13 on my mesh. 

This is currently working fine, but I was wondering if I could update the firmware of all the EU pucks to the US version, in order to have a single firmware to follow up with updates.

Also, as I'm using this setup in Peru, I'll be more compliant with local 5Ghz bands requirements as US and PE restrictions are a match except for the 2.4Ghz channels 12-13, which are allowed in Peru (but not in US) and which I don't plan to use.

So the question is: Can I push Deco X20 US firmware on Deco X20 EU models? All of them are V2.0 hardware.

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 567

Replies: 0

Related Articles