Does the guest wifi interfere with the regular wifi?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-10 21:57:57
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest

I have a TP-Link AX50 (ax3000) which has the guest mode wifi. While looking on the wifi channels with wifi analyzer I noticed that the regular wifi and the guest wifi both populate the same channel range. There is no setting in the guest mode to set a different channel, and I even tried changing the regular wifi channel but then the guest wifi follows with the same changed channel. 

Are they really interfering with one another? Or since they are both 2.4g wifi, so it's basically the same and has no effect? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Does the guest wifi interfere with the regular wifi?
2021-09-11 10:00:43

@the_potato 

There shouldn't be any interference since it's the same transceiver for guest and regular Wi-Fi, just different SSIDs.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 857

Replies: 1

Related Articles