Extender doesn't work on my laptop after midnight

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-11 02:07:10
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.14.2 Build 171206 Rel.32803n

Hi there, as of recently I've been having some trouble with my WiFi extender. For the past couple days my laptop doesn't get internet access from the extender past midnight BST. If I am in a game, it keeps me in a game without lag however I'm unable to load anything else such as spotify, chrome or discord, this is the same when I connect an ethernet cable from the extender to my laptop. I get internet access when I connect directly to the router itself and my phone is able to connect to the WiFi extender however it seems to be just my laptop that is unable to get connected after midnight. On Windows, after running the troubleshooter I simply just get the error below. I have tried resetting, updating, disabling the network adapters and I have also tried resetting the extender itself yet I am still unable to connect to the internet.

If anyone is able to help me it would be greatly appreciated

Options
3 Reply
Re:Extender doesn't work on my laptop after midnight
2021-09-14 09:16:32

@wxqe  Hello, 

May I double confirm, when Chrome/ Spotify etc. will not load, game still works fine? 

You could try to manually set up the DNS on the laptop and see if that helps. 

Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8

Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4 

Here is guide to set up static IP and DNS on a computer, you could also try to set up a static IP on the computer with above DNS settings, and see if laptop could work more stable. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/41/

Options
2021-09-14 11:37:43

@Solla-topee If I am currently in a game such as Minecraft I will not get kicked off however, if I leave the game and try to reconnect I am unable to do that. I have already tried changing the DNS on the laptop however that didn't work either I have tried both CloudFlare's DNS (1.1.1.1, 1.0.0.1) and Google (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4) but regardless of the DNS server used it just will not work.

Options
2021-09-18 09:27:16

@wxqe  Hello, 

Sorry for the late update, it is recommended to connect laptop directly the router and test for some time and see laptop work stable with router. 

You could try to a smaller MTU value like 1400 or 1420 on the computer, here is a guide found online : https://techamor.com/reducing-mtu-on-windows-10/

If the above does not help, considering this extender is a bit old, it is recommended to consider upgrade to a new extender.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 366

Replies: 3