Do I need internet access to install the Deco M5?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-12 14:28:31 - last edited 2023-08-07 10:52:51

Hi,

I plan to use the Deco M5 to allow the members of my band to reach a digital mixer which is equpped with an ethernet port and has a built in DHCP server.  As such there is no internet connectivity, its essentially a private network.  I chose the Deco for its size/footprint.

Is installing the Deco going to work even if I dont have internet access ? Or do I first have to install the Deco at home (where I have internet), and then move it to the private network ?

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Do I need internet access to install the Deco M5?-Solution
2021-09-12 15:50:35 - last edited 2023-08-07 10:52:51

@YvesHertoghs 

You will also need smartphone with Deco app installed to configure Deco M5.

It makes sense to do configuration at home. Connect M5 with Ethernet cable anywhere to your home network, and configure it according to manual or quick start guide that comes with the device.

Other then finding free Ethernet port to connect M5 to, you won't be needing to make any changes to your home network.

A benefit of doing it this way is straightforward process, and also M5 will download latest firmware from the Internet.

When you bring Deco M5 to the private network, its LED on the top of the unit might go RED because it won't have Internet connection. If that annoys you, you can turn LED light off in Deco app configuration settings. 

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Do I need internet access to install the Deco M5?-Solution
2021-09-12 15:50:35 - last edited 2023-08-07 10:52:51

@YvesHertoghs 

You will also need smartphone with Deco app installed to configure Deco M5.

It makes sense to do configuration at home. Connect M5 with Ethernet cable anywhere to your home network, and configure it according to manual or quick start guide that comes with the device.

Other then finding free Ethernet port to connect M5 to, you won't be needing to make any changes to your home network.

A benefit of doing it this way is straightforward process, and also M5 will download latest firmware from the Internet.

When you bring Deco M5 to the private network, its LED on the top of the unit might go RED because it won't have Internet connection. If that annoys you, you can turn LED light off in Deco app configuration settings. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 474

Replies: 1

Related Articles