What router/home configuration should I go with?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-14 16:13:23

Sorry this is kind of broad but I am looking for some help in designing what my next purchase(s) is.

I have a 3 story home, my ISP router is a Bell (Canada) Home Hub 3000 with 1.5 gig download and 1 gig upload. Each floor is approximately 1100-1200 square feet.

My ISP router is on the middle floor towards the front in the main office.

I have setup two different wifi networks, 1x2.4 and 1x5ghz.

I purchased the Deco X60's a few months ago and found that did not work out so I returned it, but I had it directly connected to the Bell router.

WIFI signal upstairs is horrible, I can not even walk 30 feet from the office and now it is cutting out. My house is not brick but does have walls seperating the office.

I am at a point I am trying to figure out the best option for my house.

I was going to buy:

TP-Link WiFi 6 AX6600 Router (Archer AX90) & TP-Link WIFI AX1800 three pack

-> Turn off the Bell WIFI

--> Put a satellite on each floor (not sure what to do with the AX1800 router or if i need it)

-> Use one of the bands to connect to the mesh network

Is this stupid, is there something else I should do. just at the point now the family has me drove with no WIFI :)

Any suggestion on how or what I should buy?

Options
1 Reply
Re:What router/home configuration should I go with?
2021-09-14 22:25:14

@mbutton  Here is my house Layout, all the TV's are smart TV's. 1 PC is wifi, other is Ethnet. Here is the typical things in the house

3 x  ipads

3 x iphones

1 x samsung

2 x alexa

security system on its own router

1 x wifi printer

4 x smart tvs

1 x roku recevier

1 x firestick

2 x xboxs

1 x PC on wifi

In the current configuration, my son right about the office and my daugther in the bedroom 2 can barely get a signal. If i walk out the back porch I do not receive a signal, even right outside. Master Bathroom has no signal

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 340

Replies: 1

Related Articles