Security issue: No IPv6 firewall?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-15 20:02:43
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

With the recent firmware versions, the Omada controller and ER605 router supports IPv6 and devices on the network get globally accessible/routable IPv6 addresses using prefix delegation that work. My key problem though is that I can't find any way to configure firewall rules for IPv6 in the Omada system to e.g. filter externally initiated connections by default like the IPv4 stack does.

This means that any device on the network that requests an IPv6 address will be completely open to outside access. This seems like a major security issue. Surely, I missing something?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Security issue: No IPv6 firewall?
2021-09-16 07:12:25

@DVIZ So far as I know, currently there is no way to set up any advanced features for the IPv6. Not sure if the V5 controller will improve this situation.

Options
Re:Security issue: No IPv6 firewall?
2022-03-09 12:52:52

@DVIZ I would also like to see some kind of IPv6 firewall i.e. block all unsolicited inbound IPv6 network traffic without blocking return traffic associated with outbound connections and a way to create pinholes for specified ports allowed to reach chosen IPv6 LAN devices similar to port forwarding.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1349

Replies: 2

Related Articles