Cannot add two Range Extenders in the App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-21 04:53:15 - last edited 2021-09-24 06:04:32
Model: Range Extender  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have two different Internet connect and I have two different TP link range extender. But the app has a bug, if you try to add both Extender other gets deleted and visa versa. 

I guess TP link forgot to test if their app can support 2 extenders? Any one able to add two extenders in the app? 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cannot add two Range Extenders in the App-Solution
2021-09-23 06:07:01 - last edited 2021-09-24 06:04:32

Hey@Sham_NV ,

You could manage the two range extenders on Tether APP but not at the same time, as two extenders are not in the same local network. 
Internet 1 & 1st  extender is in a local network 
Internet  2 & 2nd extender is in a different local network 
The model of your range extender does not seem to support cloud function, thus they could only be managed in the local network not remotely. 
Your phone need to be in the same local network to see the range extender in that local network. 
e.g. connect your mobile phone Internet 1/ 1st extender's SSID to manage the 1st  extender.
When you want to manage the second extender, connect your phone to Interent2 or WiFi of the 2nd extender .

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot add two Range Extenders in the App
2021-09-22 09:16:15

Hello @Sham_NV , 

Tether supports multiple range extenders, if your range extenders connect to same WiFi router successfully, extenders will be in the same Local network and  show up in Tether APP together. If 2 range extenders connects to different WiFi router, the situation would be a bit different.

When use 2 range extenders, we recommended connecting both range extenders directly to the router, not extender wirelessly connects to another extender ( for the performance and stability of the 2nd extender)  Recommended Topology 1: RE1 )))(( Router )))(( RE2

You could unplug the first extender when set up the second extender, after the set up process, plug both extender and see if both REs show up. 

May I know the model & hardware version of your range extender,  do both range extenders connect to same WiFi router? 

Options
Re:Cannot add two Range Extenders in the App
2021-09-22 10:51:31

@Solla-topee I have two internet connection, so my extenders are connecting to two different router. I am able to add one router successful to app. Then i added other router to app to configure. Then i find that 1st router gets deleted from my account. Bit strange. Same happens vice versa

Was the App developed to handle only one extender device, what if i have multiple devices ? 

Device - TP-Link RE450 and TP-Link RE205 AC750

Both connects to different router and different internet connection. 

What would be solution ? i have to open two different account of Tether in two different mobile and manage ? 

Options
Re:Cannot add two Range Extenders in the App-Solution
2021-09-23 06:07:01 - last edited 2021-09-24 06:04:32

Hey@Sham_NV ,

You could manage the two range extenders on Tether APP but not at the same time, as two extenders are not in the same local network. 
Internet 1 & 1st  extender is in a local network 
Internet  2 & 2nd extender is in a different local network 
The model of your range extender does not seem to support cloud function, thus they could only be managed in the local network not remotely. 
Your phone need to be in the same local network to see the range extender in that local network. 
e.g. connect your mobile phone Internet 1/ 1st extender's SSID to manage the 1st  extender.
When you want to manage the second extender, connect your phone to Interent2 or WiFi of the 2nd extender .

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1005

Replies: 3

Related Articles