WA730RE Problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WA730RE Problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WA730RE Problems
WA730RE Problems
2013-03-17 07:56:37
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WA730RE

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all, having an issue with a recently purchased wireless extender.

Ok, i'll try and explain whats happening,

I have a Virgin Superhub, Pc1 is connected via lan directly to the superhub, Pc2 is connected wirelessly.
I have the WA730 connected via lan to my sky+ box, and a PS3 connected wirelessly also.

The problem i have is that the Pc2 was connecting directly to the superhub and all was good, but since adding the extender Pc2 seems to be connecting to that, and its connection is being dropped every 30 mins or so, connection comes straight back but when gaming it means a DC. If i unplug the WA730 everything is fine, and Pc2 has flawless connection. PLug the WA730 back in and then Pc2 drops connection.

My SSID on my main router is T5, the extender also seems to be broadcasting the same SSID, so i cant connect Pc2 to the router as opposed to the extender, is it possible to change the extenders SSID?

Many thanks in advance
Options
2 Reply
Re:WA730RE Problems
2013-03-17 18:16:57
You may try to set a static wireless channel like 6 or 11 for your root router and then reinstall the TL-WA730RE according to this guide:
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?id=357
If you donot want to use it in range extender mode, you can install the TL-WA730RE as a Access point.
(in this mode, you need to connect the TL-WA730RE to your root router with a lan cable, and you can set a different SSID for it).
TP-link has a guide to login to the web-interface of TL-WA730RE:
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?id=174
Options
Re:WA730RE Problems
2013-03-17 18:22:02
ok thnx for reply i'll give that a go, forgot to mention the router is upstairs and the extender is downstairs connected to the sky+ box, so need to use as extender.

EDIT: I am presuming that both the router and the extender need to be on the same channel? router is on channel 11 and so is the extender.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 552

Replies: 2

Related Articles