TL-WA901ND - Repeater mode not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-03-21 00:53:17
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : BT

Hi there, I am trying to utilise the TL-WA901ND as a repeater to extend the wireless range currently provided by our BT Business Hub. I have followed the instructions in the user manual, i.e I have connected to the product via an ethernet connection, then since the default IP address of the product is the same as out current router I have given it a different one (192.168.1.253). I have then set the mode of the product to be a repeater then using the search functionality I have located and selected the wireless network that I wish to extend. From the details in the quickstart guide this is all that is required to get the repeater up and running, but I am unable to get any confirmation that the product is working, either from looking at the signal strength of connected devices that are far from the original access point (compared with before turning the repeater on) or looking at the connected devices in the admin which is empty and there is zero traffic indicated.

I noticed that I haven't been asked to put in any details regarding the security (WEP) of connecting to the current wireless network, but I'm assuming this is all handled by the central router.

Can you please assist.

Regards, Stephen
Options
4 Reply
Re:TL-WA901ND - Repeater mode not working
2013-03-21 01:39:02
about noticed that I haven't been asked to put in any details regarding the security (WEP) of connecting to the current wireless network, but I'm assuming this is all handled by the central router.
of course you have to input your security
post mode you said repeater is that or Universal Repeater I ask cause WEP security works with Universal Repeater well.
step 6 talks about inputting security http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=250
Options
2013-03-21 02:03:16

danymarc wrote

about noticed that I haven't been asked to put in any details regarding the security (WEP) of connecting to the current wireless network, but I'm assuming this is all handled by the central router.
of course you have to input your security
post mode you said repeater is that or Universal Repeater I ask cause WEP security works with Universal Repeater well.

OK, so I need to complete the wireless security section with the details to connect to the original router, and yes I was using Repeater.
Options
2013-03-21 02:06:43
step 6 talks about inputting security http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=250
Options
2013-03-26 03:15:16
First, on the repeater mode you are not supposed to connect an ethernet cable, the only connection you need is the power cable. When you choose the repeater mode you do the site survey and choose the SSID you want to connect on ( make sure you have a good signal strength). Once the connection is successful, you're asked to configure the security, make sure you enter the correct password (same one you have on the router) and it should, after a restart work ok ...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1521

Replies: 4

Related Articles