WDR-4300 not working for Windows PPTP(VPN) & Cisco VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-03-23 23:20:39
Region : Hongkong

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : TL-WDR4300_V1_121225

ISP :

Very disappointed. Even I have upgraded to the newest firmware for WDR-4300, it still not allowed me to connect to a windows PPTP VPN. It worked when I changed to use my old router.

On the other hand, when I turned the hardware NAT, I found that the Cisco VPN connection would be dropped after I used for a few minutes. Similarly, it worked when I changed to use my previous old router.

Did anyone have the same experience and know what wrong TP-LINK it is?

Thanks.
Options
7 Reply
Re:WDR-4300 not working for Windows PPTP(VPN) & Cisco VPN
2013-04-08 04:23:03
I'm having the same issue with the VPN. I use an IPSec Cisco VPN with my work laptop and if I keep hardware NAT on, it will randomly disconnect me every 4 to 10 minutes. It seems to work just fine if I disable hardware NAT. All of the VPN passthrough options in the Security tab are enabled.
Options
2013-04-13 16:59:38

JRockPSU wrote

I'm having the same issue with the VPN. I use an IPSec Cisco VPN with my work laptop and if I keep hardware NAT on, it will randomly disconnect me every 4 to 10 minutes. It seems to work just fine if I disable hardware NAT. All of the VPN passthrough options in the Security tab are enabled.

I have the same issue with IPSec Cisco VPN (same to you, I connected to my office using this). I have contacted the tp-link Support but they did not help me a lot. They just asked me to disable hardware NAT. I bought this product because of hardware NAT.

Unfortunately, even I used IPSec Cisco VPN with diabling hardware NAT, I would get disconnect when I transferred large files from my office to my home.

It seems that TP-LINK high-end product is rubbish, even it is cheap. I am now considering to change to use Linksys!!!!
Options
2013-04-15 01:13:24
Yes. I just dislike TPLINK now
Options
2013-04-15 10:35:56
How about try to use the latest firmware? It seems it has fixed some problems. http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=TL-WDR4300&version=V1#tbl_j
Options
2013-04-15 16:58:56
I don't know why you guys think you will get benefit from the hardware NAT function when your Internet bandwidth is less than 200Mbps.

With hardware NAT enabled, the theoretical WAN-to-LAN throughput can reach 900Mbps+.

With hardware NAT disabled, the WAN-to-LAN throughput can still reach 200Mbps+.

If you have a 12M ADSL or 100M fiber broadband, either enable or disable hardware NAT is same for you !

So you don't need to blame TP-LINK or carp and calculate at every detail of the product, just think about the price and performance.

I believe they will finally fix the bug and their product is worth to buy.
Options
2013-04-15 17:40:29

wilson wrote

I don't know why you guys think you will get benefit from the hardware NAT function when your Internet bandwidth is less than 200Mbps.

With hardware NAT enabled, the theoretical WAN-to-LAN throughput can reach 900Mbps+.

With hardware NAT disabled, the WAN-to-LAN throughput can still reach 200Mbps+.

If you have a 12M ADSL or 100M fiber broadband, either enable or disable hardware NAT is same for you !

So you don't need to blame TP-LINK or carp and calculate at every detail of the product, just think about the price and performance.

I believe they will finally fix the bug and their product is worth to buy.

I don't agree what you said. If we ignore Hardware NAT, why should we buy this product? There are other products with better price/performance than TP-LINK's ones !
Options
2013-04-16 09:55:14

patricklo wrote

I don't agree what you said. If we ignore Hardware NAT, why should we buy this product? There are other products with better price/performance than TP-LINK's ones !

Yes, you are right. But currently what benefit do you get from hardware NAT?

If no, you can ignore it and enjoy the router. Wait for the new firmware with bug fixing.

When you upgraded to the high bandwidth broadband in the future, you can enjoy the hardware NAT.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 955

Replies: 7