WDN3200 Adapter displays the exclamation mark when downloading a game through Steam

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WDN3200 Adapter displays the exclamation mark when downloading a game through Steam

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-03-24 13:22:33
Region : Romania

Model : TL-WDN3200

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : RCS&RDS

I am using a TP-LINK 4300 wireless dual band router with a WD3200 wireless adapter:

Platform : Windows 8 , x64.

Using latest Beta Drivers for the adapter and latest firmware for the router.

Connection type : PPPoE

How to reproduce:

1) Download a 4-5 GB game through Steam.
2. Using Mozilla Firefox surf on 2-3 sites.

In about 1-2 minutes my internet connection goes off and the adapter will display the exclamation mark in the taskbar. If i let windows troubleshoot and reset the adapter it will lock up my system. The only fix is to restart system as Windows can not restart the adapter. I am planning to return this and buy something else if this is not fixed. Anyone had this problem? (or could try)

Screenshot:

Options
3 Reply
Re:WDN3200 Adapter displays the exclamation mark when downloading a game through Steam
2013-03-24 18:04:39
is anyone taking care of this forum or spam and bots took the best of it?
Options
Re:WDN3200 Adapter displays the exclamation mark when downloading a game through Steam
2013-03-26 03:06:30
Hi!

I think the router is the problem.
I had the same issue with my TP-Link router. Just try to change the Channel Width to 20 mhz instead of 40, and also change the channel to 1, 6 or 11. Everytime I was downloading a large game on steam or even a youtube video in HD, the connection would fail and display the exclamation mark.

If this fix doesn't work, then the problem could really be your wireless adapter. Windows 8 just came out recently so a lot of people are experiencing problems with their wireless devices. :/
Options
2013-03-26 04:07:22
Nope. As i said , i can connect to the router just fine after "the exclamation mark" thing on my wireless adapter with my mobile phone so it's clearly the adapter's fault. If 2 things from the same company do not work well well toghether what can i expect from others.

The adapter should never lockup no matter what the router sends. I guess this a clear driver issue that needs to be fixed a.s.a.p.

Also i noticed that this happens on both 2,4 Ghz and 5 Ghz connections and only when heavy download is involved : utorrent , steam , etc.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 536

Replies: 3