WDR4300 DNS problem after Firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-03-26 16:31:01
Region : Australia

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.13.23 Build 121225 Rel.37950n

ISP : Exetel Australia

Hi
I purchased the router 3 days ago, installed it and for those 3 days there is no problem. Yesterday I upgraded the firmware, and since then Windows 7 has big problems connecting the WAN on the computer (wired, not wireless). The Win7 Troubleshooting advises the computer is trying to connect to a DNS that doesn't exist or is incorrect.

However, I can get to the internet via the Wifi using my smartphone. But there is no PC wired connectivity. The router's GUI appears to show WAN disconnect, reconnect in a cycle.

I have disabled IPv6. Also flushed DNS, ipconfig / release, ipconfig / renew. I don't know if any of these worked to get me connected. But if I reboot the router, I lose WAN connectivity all over again.

Note that NONE of these problems occurred prior to the firmware upgrade.

Connection: PPPOE ADSL (Auto detected)
System: Win7/32
Modem: Nectomm NB6 full bridge
PC: wired via LAN
Options
5 Reply
Re:WDR4300 DNS problem after Firmware upgrade
2013-03-26 22:55:53
You can type in DNS addresses on DHCP Settings.
Options
Update
2013-03-27 03:44:17
I seem to have had some success by changing the WAN login settings from "Connect on Demand" to "Connect Automatically". Also, I followed the power-up sequence outlined here:
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?id=143
"1. Turn the cable modem off firstly, then turn your router and computer off, and leave them off for about 2 minutes;
2. Turn the cable modem on firstly, and wait till the modem works stable (All LED lights work normally).
3. Turn the router on and wait about 1 minute, and then power on your computer."

Not sure which step helped but I now can connect (touchwood).

CV1969
Options
2013-03-27 04:24:44
"Connect Automatically"

Sorry but from me it's normal configuration. I understand that everything is ok now?
Options
2013-03-27 05:50:41
jimasek

I think during the firmware upgrade the "Connect Automatically" was changed to "Connect on Demand". So I changed it back to Connect Automatically. The power / down / up sequence from the FAQ link also appears to make a difference.
Yes I believe everything is OK now thanks.
Options
2013-08-31 07:18:25
Follow-up, there have been regular intermittent problems with the WAN connection disconnecting / reconnecting, however the latest firmware of 17-06-2013 seems to have fixed this. I suggest that anyone who is having WAN connectivity issues upgrade to the latest firmware.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 508

Replies: 5

Related Articles