TpLink TL-WR841N configuration page access problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-03-27 04:41:37
Region : Others

Model : TL-WR841N

Hardware Version : V7.2

Firmware Version : TL-WR841N_v7_120201

ISP :

Hello everyone!

I recently encountered a problem with my router. It's configuration page is not accessible quickly. When I opened it ( by typing 192.168.1.1 in my browser) it took ages to open and even when it did, the page lacked a lot of features i.e., it did not load properly. Then on a suggestion by a friend, I downloaded the latest correct version (I have an IQ above 60) for my router but the problem persisted. And it is only on my PC. When I access it from some other PC, it opens as it should. My router is only 6 months old. :-(

Also, when I reset the router, for sometime the page opens normally but then suddenly the problem starts. Due to it, I can't even access the internet properly. Please suggest some solution to this issue. I am using windows 8.

Kindly address this issue by the best of your knowledge.
Options
4 Reply
Re:TpLink TL-WR841N configuration page access problem
2013-03-27 15:10:20
If the webpage can be opened properly on other computers, that means the webpage is working fine.
Can the computer respond quickly when you try to open the websites and some file on the computer? Have you tried different web browser?
Options
2013-03-27 15:42:07
I have some TP-link routers, like TL-WR740N, TL-MR3020...
In my experience, I met such a problem before: some computer can access the configuration page quickly, and some computer cannot quickly or lost some menus.
I also tried different web-browsers: some can access the configuration page quickly and some slowly and lost some menus. This is technology ! Miracles happens like this !
This is my thought: On one hand, computers differs from each other in OS, or hardware, and web-browsers differs from each other in different layout engine or different web standards.
There maybe some compatible problem between them. On the other hand, this is fact that the manufacturer will need to change the configuration design to meet the requirement of different devices, of differentweb-browsers.
So I will try different computers or different web-browsers. If these methods can solve it, so I will let it be...

As to windows 8, I do not like it. A lot of compatibility problem like that. It is a little annoying. As I said, this is technology. Even the Great company Apple has its issue.
Options
2013-03-28 00:59:06

joyce wrote

If the webpage can be opened properly on other computers, that means the webpage is working fine.
Can the computer respond quickly when you try to open the websites and some file on the computer? Have you tried different web browser?

I have tried Google Chrome, Opera and Firefox. It didn't work. It was working fine before but one day the problem appeared out of no where.
Options
2013-03-28 01:00:45

Lambo wrote

I have some TP-link routers, like TL-WR740N, TL-MR3020...
In my experience, I met such a problem before: some computer can access the configuration page quickly, and some computer cannot quickly or lost some menus.
I also tried different web-browsers: some can access the configuration page quickly and some slowly and lost some menus. This is technology ! Miracles happens like this !
This is my thought: On one hand, computers differs from each other in OS, or hardware, and web-browsers differs from each other in different layout engine or different web standards.
There maybe some compatible problem between them. On the other hand, this is fact that the manufacturer will need to change the configuration design to meet the requirement of different devices, of differentweb-browsers.
So I will try different computers or different web-browsers. If these methods can solve it, so I will let it be...

As to windows 8, I do not like it. A lot of compatibility problem like that. It is a little annoying. As I said, this is technology. Even the Great company Apple has its issue.

Well can you please suggest something to solve it?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1700

Replies: 4

Related Articles