Attempting to connect to a Dell 2230D mono laser printer via TP-LINK USB print server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Attempting to connect to a Dell 2230D mono laser printer via TP-LINK USB print server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-04-01 19:53:36
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PS110U

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have successfully connected a Windows 8 laptop to my network and configured a PS110U print server so it sees my USB Dell 2230D printer and it all prints fine. I need to do this with Windows 7 because most of the PCs on my network are running Windows 7. The printer prints multiple pages of gibberish random characters (about one line to a page) when sent a Windows test page. However, if I take the print server out and connect the printer on a USB cable it works perfectly. I hope someone can help as I need this to work as a network printer. Thanks.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Attempting to connect to a Dell 2230D mono laser printer via TP-LINK USB print server
2013-04-01 20:35:42
have you tried to set up the TCP/IP port on the computer?
You can refer to the following FAQ http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=240
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 767

Replies: 1