Using a TL-WA730RE as a wireless to ethernet bridge.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-04-02 20:34:12
Region :UK

Model : TL-WA730RE

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WA730RE

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : Plusnet

I was recommended to purchase a TL-WA730RE in order to connect my home wireless network based on a Billion 7800N to a small NAS setup based a few metres away in an outbuilding.
The NAS requires a ethernet connection. I was using homeplugs to facilitate this connection but they will now only connect at very low speeds due to mains interference.
Can you tell me how I should set up the TP-Link which will sit in a window in the outbuilding connected to the NAS by a short ethernet lead. The supplied setup guide doesn't seem to cover the topic.
An ethernet cable direct to the outbuilding is a no no.
Regards.
Oddlegs
Options
2 Reply
Re:Using a TL-WA730RE as a wireless to ethernet bridge.
2013-04-03 13:14:38
Refer to the following link to set range extender mode on TL-WA730RE.

http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=357

this will help you receive wifi from 7800N and transfer internet to your NAS by a cable.
Options
Re:Using a TL-WA730RE as a wireless to ethernet bridge.
2013-04-04 23:00:05
Thank you for that Simon.
I managed to set it up without too much trouble.
The only snag was the default 2 hour IP lease time which causes a 5 hr backup to fail. I've set this to 48 hours but depending when the renewal takes place it may still come up for renewal during a backup and cause the backup to fail. Is there any way to set up a permanent lease ?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1008

Replies: 2