TL-WA5210G High Power Wireless Outdoor CPE problem with Ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-04-06 03:11:47
Region : Others

Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I'm having an issue with TL-WA5210G High Power Wireless Outdoor CPE.
The thing is that everything works on shorter Ethernet CAT 5e (~ around 1 to 3 meters) from the PoE injector to the CPE. I could ping the CPE (192.168.1.254) and can also access the web login. But when I try to put a longer cable like 15m and 25m, there is no connectivity nor I can ping the CPE. All I see is the power LED and no other light activities. Those longer cable is well tested with cable tester and I can use it to connect to other PCs and routers. I've tried with nearly 5 or 6 longer cables around 10 to 20 meters of cable and those all fail but with shorter ones it still works. I've tried Cat 5e and Cat 6 and still fails.

don't know if its a problem with the CPE or the power injector or the cables or is there any configuration for longer cable runs ??

anyone.. thanks..
Options
4 Reply
Re:TL-WA5210G High Power Wireless Outdoor CPE problem with Ethernet
2013-04-06 08:28:36
no configuration for longer cable, POE supports 60 mts.and you posted that you try nearly 5 or 6 longer cables and you tested them, if you are sure, the shorter cable is punched exactly as the longer ones, straight not crossed or all of them are bought all ready punched, then its your POE
Options
2013-04-06 10:11:22
i have 25 meter wire and its working nicely may be there is fault in some thing recheck and update ur cpe :)
Options
2013-04-06 15:13:30
umm thanks guys, I don't have an enterprise standard devices to check the cables. I just using a cheap LAN tester to check for connectivity. With these testers, even if it shows the cables are all OK doens't mean it will check the wires for power transmitted. CPE should be fine as it works fine on shorter cables. and Yes I'm sure I've punched the cable accordingly. I've tried on both ends with 568A and as well as 568B standards. They work well on normal data transfers. and I know well not to use cross over cables in this scenario.
The CPE is a new Out of the box device. All i wanted to do is test on longer wires for now, which failed. My though is also on the way I crimped the cable on the long wires. but I've tried it 5,6 times bothe on cat5e and cat6. It's the same. Only the power light is lit up. No connectivity. I' will try with more new cables and crimping...

and also is there anyway, there would be an issues with the ethernet NIC cards. ??? Will tweaking the NIC's property would help on supplying power on the longer wires and with data transfer ???

thanks
Options
2013-04-10 00:01:03
amazing answer, but in my country this is what TP-lLINK answered, if its your poe, TP-LINK does not sale a poe that can replace the original you have to use your warranty
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 874

Replies: 4

Related Articles