Can no longer connect to Netgear router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-04-12 01:41:12
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WDN4800

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WDN4800

Firmware Version :

ISP : TalkTalk

Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WN823N

Firmware Version :

ISP : TalkTalk

I'm using Windows XP (SP3), a TP-Link TL-WN823N Wireless Adapter and a Netgear Router.

I was happily connected for many months. No problems.

Suddenly, my adapter will not connect to my usual wireless network, which uses a Netgear router.

No settings have been changed, it just won't connect anymore. I rebooted the router but that didn't help. My netbook with Windows 7 and my Android phone will connect to it without issue.

It will connect to my neighbours network without a problem, but not to my preferred network.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, cleaned the registry etc., but nothing fixes it.

Today I exchanged the adapter for a new TL-WN823N and installed this instead. It still won't connect!

Someone online said there are issues with these adapters and Netgear routers, under Windows XP. I installed it on my netbook under Windows 7 and it works fine and connects normally, so it would seem to be specific to Windows XP.

Can anyone throw any light on this? It is very frustrating. Thanks!
Options
1 Reply
Re:Can no longer connect to Netgear router
2013-04-12 15:06:21
When you try to connect WIFI from Netgear router on WinXP, can you get any error message?

You may try to solve the problem through the error message.

If it's really hard like you mentioned, you had better contact TP-LINK support.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1259

Replies: 1