Weird connecting issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Weird connecting issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Weird connecting issues
Weird connecting issues
2013-04-12 20:51:49
Region : Italy

Model : TL-WN951N

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : (unknown)

ISP : TWT s.p.a (Italy)

Hi everyone. I have recently bought a new pc, and I installed, for wifi, a TP-LINK WN951N wlan card. It worked fine at first, but then it started acting weird: it connects to a network ( I got 2 in my house, because it's big, both connected to the same router, one with a new n airport express and one with an old g airport express), it works fine for some time, but then (after sometime between 2-3 and 60 minutes), it stops working, no matter what I do. Both of my networks don't work (even tough windows doesn't report any issue or whatsoever), and even if I connect to my phone's wifi hotspot, i have the same problem ( so it's not my network's fault, it's something in the WLAN card). The only thing I can do is to use windows network diagnostic tool, which "resets my network card" (that's what appear in the diagnostic window, at least), giving me some extra time, before re-having the same issue. I tried downloading the latest drivers from TP-LINK website (I have version 3), but the issue still remains. Windows recognizes the card as "Qualcomm Atheros AR922X Wireless network adapter", so I tried also downloading the Qualcomm's latest drivers, but nothing happened. Can anyone please help me? thanks a lot (sorry for the bad english)

EDIT: I forgot to mention that i'm using Windows 8
Options
4 Reply
Re:Weird connecting issues
2013-04-13 15:40:07
Seems that you have already tried many methods about adapter.

You may try to change wireless channel on your wireless router.
Options
2013-04-14 01:30:20

Simon wrote

Seems that you have already tried many methods about adapter.

You may try to change wireless channel on your wireless router.

Already tried that. Nothing happens :(
I forgot to mention that, even if internet doesn't work, apps like utorrent and skype still work fine (even if Chrome can't open any page), so maybe it's something in the DNS, but I tried with the default ones and with google ones ( 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 ), but the problem still remains... any idea?
Options
2013-04-16 23:49:41
Just a little update: I tried the card on a linux live distro for a couple of hours, and it worked perfectly (so there are no hardware issues). It seems that i have to reinstall windows... any other idea?
Options
2013-05-22 04:45:26
Is anyone there? :(
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 422

Replies: 4