TL-WA7510N Wifi not listed in Wifis in environment

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-04-12 21:12:30
Region : Switzerland

Model : TL-WA7510N

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.11.0

ISP :

Hey there.

I'm having a strange problem. My goal is to create a "local wifi", which means a wifi without access to the internet. Then I want to access the wifi with a raspberry pi(which basically works, because i set it up with another access point from dlink).
The TL-WA7510N will be used as Access Point. I used the Quick Setup Wizard to set everything up, gave it a static IP and started it. Status looks ok and everything. Now the strange thing is that it doesn't appear in the wifi list of my computer (Windows 7) BUT it appears in the wifi list of my mobile phone (Samsung Galaxy S3). Also on the Raspberry Pi the wifi is nowhere to be found. The command "iwlist wlan0 scan | grep ESSID" only lists the dlink wifi.

Is there somewhere an option i didn't find to set the wifi visible or something? And why can I see it on the Android phone but not on the computer/R-Pi?

Thank you in advance

Michael
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WA7510N Wifi not listed in Wifis in environment
2013-04-13 00:51:10
you posted it doesn't appear in the wifi list of my computer (Windows 7)
7510 its a 5GHZ device, unless the wireless adapter of your laptop has 5GHZ capabilities and by your post its doesnt.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 331

Replies: 1