Drops data connection (wifi still seems connected) Win7 x64

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-04-14 01:03:06
Region : Sweden

Model : TL-WN822N

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Are there any newer drivers that would fix the irritating data connection lost problems?

With driver 2.0.0.32, I get best performance, but connction drops every now and then. Windows still thinks WiFi is connection, but no data (ping or http or anything) gets through. The only way fix is to reconnect the WiFi (pull USB, or clicking disconnect).

The TP-Link driver TL-WN822N_V2_111116 works, but slow performance, and instead of dropping the connection it continues to work, but at snail speeds (copy files at 300kbit/s), making it worse.

Is there anyone that has newer drivers? These are two years old, and I am sure Atheros has better ones?

I am using a TP-Link TL-WR1043N in AP mode.
Options
5 Reply
Re:Drops data connection (wifi still seems connected) Win7 x64
2013-04-15 13:59:20
Try to change wireless channel on TL-WR1043ND. Your current firmware is already the newest one we can get from TP Website.
Options
2013-04-16 03:48:06

Simon wrote

Try to change wireless channel on TL-WR1043ND. Your current firmware is already the newest one we can get from TP Website.
Thanks. I have tried all possible combinations from 1 to 13, but it makes no difference =(.

In fact, since I am on the country side, there is no other 2.4GHz radio sources out here. I do have a phone and a pad, both use .n wifi (65mbit). There has never been a problem with them.

Is it a hardware fault (and this is the reason they switched to Realtek chips?)?
Options
2013-04-20 01:50:39
I can tell you its not the router for sure. I have wn722n which runs flawlessly with it. But there is certainly something weird about that wn822n and the support doesnt seem to care about it anymore.
When downloading at high speeds it drops the connection exactly like u explained it (at least in Win7-64bit).
Options
2013-04-20 15:11:36
Yea, I found that the router works absolutely with with any other WiFi device, both .g and .n types. It's only this 822n that exhibits this behaviour.

I do remember about 5 years ago, I had some early pre-standard .n stuff from D-link and they had similar issues with disconnection or low throughput etc. I can only assume it is the hardware, unless TP-link can say something else or provide new drivers (why are they so old?).
Options
2016-02-03 22:30:11
I too have the issue. Mine is 822N V3 with latest driver. I am using W8968 router. I am facing very bad issue with gaming. Every 2-3 sec the ping jumps to 2-3 sec and normally its 35ms. When i use mobile Tether the connection is stable but i cant keep using mobile for this purpose.
The 822N is weird and I am not getting help from TP link support too. Feeling very bad. I attaching the Ping plot from 822N to local wifi router 8968. Check out the spikes.

File:
822N_ping1.PNGDownload
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 499

Replies: 5

Related Articles