OpenVPN UDP connections are being blocked by router.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-04-15 01:12:04
Region : UnitedStates

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : Latest

ISP :

The UDP connections are being blocked when I use my VPN. I can connect for a while but soon after a while, the connection doesn't work. I can't even access the router page.

Please help.
Options
3 Reply
Re:OpenVPN UDP connections are being blocked by router.
2013-04-15 09:41:00
The router says it is VPN passthrough. How about reboot the router? After you can log into the router, i think you can try to turn off the Hardware NAT to check the UDP can pass through or not.
Options
2013-04-15 17:45:48
I suspected that it would be the same problem as using IPSec for Cisco VPN client. Try to disable the hardware NAT and see if it work. Certainly, this is a damn bug of TP-LINK firmware and you may send the support log to them but I don't know if they can really solve it.

If you would give up the hardware NAT, forget this fxxking firmware. Use DDWRT and I think you would be happier.
Options
2013-05-01 03:24:57

patricklo wrote

I suspected that it would be the same problem as using IPSec for Cisco VPN client. Try to disable the hardware NAT and see if it work. Certainly, this is a damn bug of TP-LINK firmware and you may send the support log to them but I don't know if they can really solve it.

If you would give up the hardware NAT, forget this fxxking firmware. Use DDWRT and I think you would be happier.

I read that its a problem with the Atheros chip they use. Should always check the chip inside before we buy :/
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1183

Replies: 3