TP-WR740N student halls connection problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-04-17 01:38:38
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello, I am trying to set up my router for about 2 days without any effect. I've tried many guides, but none of them is working.

Here you can find, what I have to do to connect through Ethernet cable to the internet at our university:
http://www.uclan.ac.uk/students/library/files/network_lite_windows_7.docx

When I set auto-detect IP on router, it says that I have Static IP. In CMD I can find out all the information about the connection and the licence is usually for one day (automatically renewing). I've also tried to clone MAC address, nothing happened.

If you need some more information, I will be more that happy to provide it!

Please, can you help me? I will be very grateful!

Martin
Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-WR740N student halls connection problems
2013-04-25 16:45:13
Does your campus require you register MAC address?
You may try as the following:
1. connect the wall jack straight to your PC, then use ipconfig to pick up the IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, and DNS server. Take note of all these details.
2. connect the wall jack to the router's WAN port, and PC to the router's LAN port, then login to the router's configuration page. In most cases, the login address and login credentials can be found on the sticker attached on the router itself.
3. go through quick setup. choose static IP as WAN connection type, enter all the required details that you have written down before.
4. don't forget to reboot the router
5. try internet then, when required the campus credentials, enter that you get from campus.
Does this work?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 362

Replies: 1

Related Articles