FTP Guest Account ( WR1043ND )

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-04-19 03:31:13
Region : Others ( Slovak Republic is missing there )

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.13.13 Build 130325 Rel.34960n ( Latest )

Hello community !

Well i think i found some kind of bug or whatever it is within this router ( wr1043nd ).
The thing is that i connected external HDD to my router and setup FTP server function ( users and folders )
But even when i login with FTP client to my router's FTP server with user that has "read-only" permissions, this user can still delete \ create \ rewrite files which are shared at FTP server.
So is it only me who has the following problem or it is some mistake in firmware ?

Thanks for replies if there will be some lol :P i really would like to know if its me doing something wrong or there is a problem with firmware, because its pretty harmful to have FTP enabled 24 / 7 especially with internet access ON.
Options
2 Reply
Re:FTP Guest Account ( WR1043ND )
2013-04-19 23:31:54
Hello,

You're right !

I succeeded to suppress a file as guest, with a read_only authority, in using WS_FTP Pro. :)

With the last firmwares, my two TP-Link routers (WR1043ND and WDR4900) appear to me full of bugs with the USB ports. :eek:

It's difficult for me to work with the TP-Link support because they often told me being not capable to reproduce these bugs... :confused:
Options
Re:FTP Guest Account ( WR1043ND )
2013-04-20 05:21:32
That is sad then , and it makes this future useless and pretty vulnerable if you forget to turn off your FTP server...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 512

Replies: 2