TL-WR741ND suddenly stop working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-04-22 00:52:06
Region : Others

Model : TL-WR741ND

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

after year and a half of using TL-WR741 ND router, it suddenly stop working during the night. I have no problems with router before this happened (I think only one or two reset in 1 year and 6 months). System led light does not flash (some sytem error) and I can't access to 192.168.1.1 router setup site. I tried almost everything, unplug power, reset etc. for almost 100 times, reconnect the router with modem and PC in all posible ways, but still can't establish connection or even access to router's setup.

Obviusly internet works fine and without any problems through internet provider's modem, so the problem is certainly not related with internet provider.

Have anyone any solution, what to do? Or the only thing I can do is to throw the router away and buy a new one ?? I really have no idea what could be wrong with it, especialy since it happend overnight just like that...

Thank you for help!
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-WR741ND suddenly stop working
2013-04-23 02:49:50
How did you reset the router? Press the tiny reset hole on its back for 15s?
If you reset the router in the correct way, but still the sys light does not flash, i am afraid it is a hardware problem.
You'd better use the warranty to get a replacement, only if your router is still in warranty.
Options
2013-04-25 23:55:15
Yes, I did reset router in the correct way more than 10 times. And sys light still does not flash after that... so probably it is a hardware problem. I don't have warranty anymore, so I had to buy new router (the same one) and now everything works fine.
Options
2013-04-27 04:30:24
This is my tutorial for hard reset - LINK
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 982

Replies: 3