TP-LINK TL-WN722NC - application autorun minimized

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-04-22 04:48:47
Region : Romania

Model : TL-WN722NC

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a TP-LINK TL-WN722NC wireless USB adapter. I installed the driver and the application from the CD which came with it. The problem is that the application pops-up on screen every time I start my computer. How can I make it autorun minimized in the system tray?
I'm using Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3.
Thank you!
Options
8 Reply
Re:TP-LINK TL-WN722NC - application autorun minimized
2013-04-22 15:48:14
You may try to reinstall the driver only~
Options
Re:Simon
2013-04-22 17:10:28

Simon wrote

You may try to reinstall the driver only~

The driver works great! The problem is with the application! I don't see how a reinstall of the driver can help me here, but thank you!
Options
2013-04-22 22:39:53
I think you didnt understood him :) - Remove the application and keep the driver ... you dont need the application for the device to work. It works fine with the windows wireless manager
Options
2013-04-22 23:11:29

lamecorp wrote

I think you didnt understood him :) - Remove the application and keep the driver ... you dont need the application for the device to work. It works fine with the windows wireless manager

Sorry, but I don't agree. The Windows service Wireless Zero Configuration makes a lagg spike each minute! If you have a solution for that, I'll use the Windows wireless manager!
Options
Did you ever get your question solved?
2014-07-30 01:35:05
SuPy,

I just installed the same piece of hardware and I'm having since than the same problem of that unconvenient popup screen in my desktop.

How did you solve that matter?

Thanks a lot,

Julio Borges
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Options
2014-07-30 15:09:49

jborges wrote

SuPy,

I just installed the same piece of hardware and I'm having since than the same problem of that unconvenient popup screen in my desktop.

How did you solve that matter?

Thanks a lot,

Julio Borges
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

I found a newer version of the app and the driver on their website. When I installed it, I had some errors, but finally it worked. Now it doesn't pop-up anymore on start-up. Which OS do you use? If you want assistance, do not hesitate to reply here.

Good luck, Julio!
Options
2014-07-30 17:55:33
Nice! Thanks, SuPY. :cool:
Options
2014-07-31 02:11:08

coca koala wrote

Nice! Thanks, SuPY. :cool:

You're welcome! ;)
Options