tplinklogin, extending the router, confusion with IP addresses etc - going nowhere

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

tplinklogin, extending the router, confusion with IP addresses etc - going nowhere

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-04-24 02:37:04
Region : Spain

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : Airwifi - Conil

Front page of tplinklogin

http://ww1.tplinklogin.net/info/Setup-Wireless-router.html?ses=Y3JlPTEzNjY3Mzc0OTgmdGNpZD13dzEudHBsaW5rbG9naW4ubmV0NTE3NmMyNTA1NGI3NTMuOTEwNjkzMjMmZmtpPTI1MjM4MTcmdGFzaz1zZWFyY2gmZG9tYWluPXRwbGlua2xvZ2luLm5ldCZzPTM0NjgyODgwN2E4NmRjNmU5YzliJmxhbmd1YWdlPWVzJmFfaWQ9Mg==&keyword=Setup-Wireless-router&token=AG06ipD_as75_uUXS-j_vGRKgHqZuSOI_goTCPy0pfml4bYCFWGNwgodW0oAzRACGAEgATgeUPiOogFQhs2wCFCI97AIUK6mpw5QtKqoDlCjlK0OUNPvsw5Qv-_iDlD-8OIOUNv_mA9Q1byZD1D7rK8PUNftzg9Qy7rcD1DzutwPUJPK7A9QkIH3D1Cj7f8TUIbrtxVQv-XpFVCXm44WUKOH1xZQu4PFGFCc64QbUKC6kSFQ6dqRIVCT6ZEhUJvpkSFQ2ZytKVDysa0pUOGEplFQubSUlQFQwbSUlQFQgd2IogFQ4t7KowFQyuaDuQFQzaDaugFQiJXzwAFQ25XzwAFQ4Mi9pgJQ-Y75tQJQh6fKnQNQi6fKnQNQxYPTnQNQk_3XnQNQopXl0gZo-I6iAXEUD99cSLJHmYIBEwjFgqb5peG2AhUBjsIKHfwvANCNAWsWd0WRAc-VcnEsbCAk

My router is a WR740N and I have two extenders a WA730RE and a WA850RE. I want to daisy chain the devises so that the extender 850RE is chained to the router and 730RE is chained to 850RE. Therefore, I believe I have to switch the router and 850RE to be WDS, is this correct?
I have tried to login to tplinklogin.net from an XP and Windows 7 PC and I get the above front page - with adverts and I can't get any further.
The next option I have tried is to type in http://192.168.1.1 which is the default gateway and an 'airos' window opens and asks for login and password. Typing in admin and admin returns with invalid credentials. I have tried the same login process with both extenders with a lan cable connected to PC's running W7 and XP
I cannot remember changing the login and password for any of the devices, so do I need to reset all devices to factory defaults?
Also once I finally get into access the router settings, how can I switch from the router to the extender, is it easy?

I really would appreciate some help as I have been trying to resolve this problem for 2 days, thanks
Options
2 Reply
Re:tplinklogin, extending the router, confusion with IP addresses etc - going nowhere
2013-04-24 09:08:00
Since you can not pass the login process with admin and admin, you can give another try after you reset the router to factory defaults.
If this goes with no luck, the problem might be caused by some anti-virus software. This could help you have a better understand of it: www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=358.
Options
Re:tplinklogin, extending the router, confusion with IP addresses etc - going nowhere
2013-04-25 16:13:29
Hi Cadizfox

Try to reset the router just like what Matthew Cook have suggested then
try these:
TL-WR740N IP : 192.168.0.1
TL-WA850RE IP : 192.168.0.2 (change its ip to this value)
TL-WA730RE IP : 192.168.0.3 (change its ip to this value)

If you want to reconfigure the range extenders, logon to them using their IP address instead of using
tplinkextender.net

Hope this helps.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 754

Replies: 2