Cannot connect to the Range Extender’s management page

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cannot connect to the Range Extender’s management page

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:Cannot connect to the Range Extender’s management page
2013-04-26 07:06:26
you did not post firmware version, if you have latest, reset your RE and start over by loading latest firmware, following FAQ 357 on post #2
Options
I am not the only one withthis problem
2013-04-26 23:49:42
OK, It seems tha I am not the first person to have this problem. I bought the product from Amazon and the1st one star rating had exactly the same problem and after lengthy communication with your tech support he gave up returned the product and bought something else. I am in the process of retuning the product as I have been trying to get this to work for 6 days without success and it is vital that I have a working range extender in the next 7 days.
Thanks for your help, My other Range extender is the 850RE, which works fine, but I want another range extender with the same characteristics and functionality, as the 850RE, but with a mains cable. What would you recommend?

p.s. I realise that you are tech support and if you feel you cannot advise me I will contact your sales dpt, refer them to the forum and ask them to respond

Comment from Amazon.co.uk :- 29 April 2011

I have a large old house and my BT router is quite some distance from my computer and has to pass through a thick wall. I have never really had a good reception signal- my wifi keeps dropping out, so I bought this item to try and extend the range of the router and give a stronger signal in my office.

I tried to set the TP-Link extender according to the instructions- initially it seemed to find everything that it should but it failed at the last test. I then had to go into the manual on the disk and try and resolve the problem.

It appears that the BT Home Hub uses the same IP address. Try as I might I could not get the IP address changed on either the Home Hub or the TP-Link. This would be the only way it would work. I contacted the helpdesk by e mail and I got a detailed reply back which told me how to change the IP address- except it would not change despite following the instructions to the letter.

After a week of trying I got fed up and returned it to Amazon. Amazon, to their credit, have an excellent returns policy- no quibble and my money was duly refunded.

I was very disappointed with this product. It had a lot of promise but failed to deliver. I don't know why it should be so difficult to change the IP address- or indeed why they insist on having it set as the same as the Home Hub. Surely there are enough combinations- does it have to be the same? The One Touch set up was attractive, however, it doesn't work on an encrypted network- and who does not encrypt their network these days?
Options
Re:Cannot connect to the Range Extender’s management page
2013-04-29 18:24:59
I am still waiting for a reply.
Options
Related Articles