Question about Clear Channel Assessment (CCA) feature

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-04-25 20:48:32
Region : France

Model : TL-WR841ND

Hardware Version : V8

Firmware Version : 3.13.27 Build 121101 Rel.38183n

ISP : ORANGE

Hi All,

I have question about the Clear Channel Assessment (CCA) feature offered with the 300M Wireless N Router TL-WR841N / TL-WR841ND

The product detail of the TL-WR841ND mentions the following: "Clear Channel Assessment (CCA) automatically avoids channel conflicts using its clear channel selection feature and fully realizes the advantages of channel binding, greatly enhanced the wireless performance."

Now looking in the Wireless Settings chapter of the document TL-WR841ND_V8_User_Guide page 35, the description about the automatic channel selection is the following :

Channel - This field determines which operating frequency will be used. The default channel is set to Auto, so the AP will choose the best channel automatically. It is not necessary to change the wireless channel unless you notice interference problems with another nearby access point.

My understanding about setting the channel selection to "AUTO" is that this setting enable the Clear Channel Assessment (CCA). However I suspect that this is only working when the 300M Wireless N Router TL-WR841N / TL-WR841ND is powered up. Am I right ?

Moreover, if this is really the case, then it would have been nice to let the wireless router search on a daily basis if there is any better channel, as it is a way to make sure that my neighbor are not using the same channel than I, which then would introduce interference and slow response on the wireless channel

Your comment is highly appreciated on this matter :-)

Regards

FreePix
Options
2 Reply
Re:Question about Clear Channel Assessment (CCA) feature
2013-04-26 19:23:11
I have the same understanding with you !:cool:
Options
Re:Question about Clear Channel Assessment (CCA) feature
2013-04-26 20:58:08
I have raised the point to the TP-LINK support as a product improvement, as checking for the best WIFI channel (with the less interference) could be scheduled on a daily basis...

I will let you know if I get any update :-)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 602

Replies: 2