Can only access config page when connected wirelessly to AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-07-05 01:24:16
Region : Egypt

Model : TL-WA701ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a TL-WA701ND connected to my network with the address 10.0.0.46. My router is at 10.0.0.1 and three other access points are located at 10.0.0.5, 10.0.0.6, and 10.0.0.16 respectively. All of them are on the 255.255.255.192 subnet and I can access all of them except the TL-WA701ND from any access point or machine on my LAN. To access the TL-WA701ND's page I must first connect to the access point directly, and then it will let me connect at 10.0.0.46. I can ping hosts connected to the TL-WA701ND, but never the TL-WA701ND itself. Any ideas what's going on here? DHCP is disabled on the TL-WA701ND and it has been assigned a static IP. This makes very little sense to me.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Can only access config page when connected wirelessly to AP
2013-07-05 19:02:32
Problem solved. You guys now have full permission to laugh your behinds off at me.

Here's the deal. The problematic AP is at a neighbor's house, connected to me by CAT5. I was able to ping his machine because his son had disconnected the AP completely and plugged the cable directly into his machine. LOL. I didn't know this until I actually went over last night . . .

The access control settings on my router block all ports except the most necessary to keep people from hogging bandwidth with torrents and other P2P stuff. I accidentally blocked HTTP for 'guest' users though, and his MAC address was included in that list. When he plugged the cable into his laptop he was able to acquire a new MAC address and could then access the Internet, so when I called and asked if my friend could access the Internet, he naturally said yes.
Options
Re:Can only access config page when connected wirelessly to AP
2013-07-05 20:53:53
Nothing to laugh about it, good you solved.
the only thing it's that a great percentage of post are like your #1 you never posted the scenario about AP connected via LAN cable at your neighbor's house, without that info. you start to receive answers based on what you posted, or receive no answer.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 591

Replies: 2