Does Airtel Fixedline+Broadband Plan work with TP-Link 150Mbps Wireless N USB Adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Does Airtel Fixedline+Broadband Plan work with TP-Link 150Mbps Wireless N USB Adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-04-29 18:29:33
Region : India

Model : TL-WN721N

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Airtel

Hello All,

I had been using the Beetel 450Bxi ADSL2+Router with 4 LAN ports as a Wireless modem for last several years. Now yesterday this modem does not work - all the LEDs don't light up.. only two. The Airtel field engineer came this morning and asked me to buy a replacement Wireless modem with 4-LAN ports priced at 1850 Indian Rupees.

I don't need that many LAN ports as I have only one laptop and I am fine with a USB Wireless Adapter - the TP-LINK 150 Mbps TL-WN721N Wireless N, which is very conveniently priced at 616 INRupees, at 60% less cost of the higher featured ADSL2/Router at 1850 INR, which I dont really need.

Now when I called up the ISP (Airtel), their technical engineer checked in the background and confirmed back that my Airtel broadband plan will work on this USB modem. The Field engineer is still sticking to his version of story that it will not work!

Now I am confused.. I am in Bangalore and a Airtel subscriber but I dont want to just shell out an additional 1000+ bucks just to buy a modem the features of which I will never use. Besides whenever there is a power outage I get disconnected and have to wait till it is back on after power back-up is on (this I will not have to face with the TP-Link!).

Please help me...

Thanks,
Abhijit
Options
1 Reply
Re:Does Airtel Fixedline+Broadband Plan work with TP-Link 150Mbps Wireless N USB Adapter
2013-05-06 14:54:03
Read your story and feel confused. Do you want to use TL-WN721N replace your ADSL router?
If my guess is right, it's so strange and I don't think it can meet your needs...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1349

Replies: 1

Related Articles