Solution for sudden connection drops

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-04-29 20:18:33
Region : Others

Model : TL-WN822N

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello..

for those who are experiencing sudden connection drops with TL-WN822N adapter just do not install TP-Link drivers and keep those from Microsoft.

I'm running Win7 64bit and after plugging adapter into USB let Microsoft install their own drivers and wait until it finishes.

Then just connect to preferred wireless network clicking on signal icon in task-bar and that's all.

There is no need to install TP-Link wireless utility or driver which causes issues with connectivity drops.

You don't need it because Windows has everything in as default.

Windows recognizes Atheros chipset and installs proper drivers written by Microsoft.

Hope this helps.

~S.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Solution for sudden connection drops
2013-05-08 10:29:47
Good news for TP-LINK~
Options
Re:Solution for sudden connection drops
2013-05-10 15:30:09
Finally a driver that really works without problems. Thank you for the tip! I think I tryed any other driver version in the battle with that problem, but I think only this one is right one.
I've transfered so far arround 30GB of data at high speed and not a single drop - meanwhile the normal tp-link drivers would cause the adapter to disconnect at least 5-6 times.
I knew the windows drivers are its main problem cause in linux its working just fine
However I'm wondering why tp-link provide such crappy drivers for it on their support page.
Options
What am I doing wrong?
2013-05-13 04:25:56
Please excuse my level of ignorance(!), but when I found your post about using the Windows driver I got very excited because I have been suffering from this problem under Win 7 x64. I uninstalled the Atheros driver as you suggested and plugged in the adaptor. It did not find the drivers and no amount of searching could find them, including trying the Win install disc. What am I doing wrong? I have been forced to reinstall old driver just to get on line again. Any help would be much appreciated
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1144

Replies: 3