TD-W8961NB firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TD-W8961NB firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TD-W8961NB firmware
TD-W8961NB firmware
2013-05-01 05:31:49
Region : Portugal

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Greetings
Excuse me for my english, but the problem is this, my router is a TD-W8961NB wich oddly came in german and after a lot of conversations with the good folks of tp-link we managed to get the latest firmware and got the language changed to english, until suddently it started developing all kinds of problems like crashing down and don't allowing internet connection, hiding parts of the firmware, etc.

My question is this is there a possibility to upgrade to the v2 firmware and solve the problem, or i'm stuck with it, i've already tried restoring to the old version of the firmware and nothing re-upgraded and still the same.

I should add that the router is always on with a UPS for continuous power, so no power spikes.

Apreciate any help.
Options
3 Reply
Re:TD-W8961NB firmware
2013-05-01 06:11:29
You have to upgrade to the latest firmware within the same hardware version as a rule of thumb as mentioned on the download link:

* Please verify the hardware version of your device for the firmware version. Wrong firmware upgrade may damage your device and void the warranty.
* Do NOT turn off the power during upgrade.
* Do NOT upgrade the firmware through wireless connection unless the device only has wireless connection;
* It's recommended that users stop all Internet applications on the computer, or simply disconnect Internet line from the device before upgrade.
* Use decompression software such as WinZIP or WinRAR to extract the file you download before upgrade.
Options
Re:TD-W8961NB firmware
2013-05-01 23:08:01
Yes it's in the latest version of the firmware, but that's how the problems started.
And it's a V1 and i installed the v1 version and yes when i proceed to upgrading or downgrading the firmware i unplugged everything that need to be unplugged from the router and cut off access to it to all but me who was doing the operation via ethernet cable right next to it, etc.
This is not my first rodeo, but this router is starting to get to my nerves, in the years i've been working around routers this is the only one that gave me this much trouble.
Options
ROM File
2013-08-21 17:04:43
Hi
Could you send it to my e-mail ROM contents for TD-W8961NB V1.
I'll try to check something.

Thank you for an answer
Marek
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 484

Replies: 3

Related Articles