problems with my WR702N

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

problems with my WR702N

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
problems with my WR702N
problems with my WR702N
2013-05-02 18:25:08
Region : Ireland

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : Three Mobile

Hi there, I have recently purchased a new desktop computer that does not have an internal wifi card. To remedy this I bought the TP Link TL-WR702N. Currently my access to the internet is provided by a mobile wifi router (one of these: http://www.zath.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/3-mobile-mifi-wireless-mobile-internet-access-e1292001602728.jpg) that spreads a wireless signal throughout my house for things like my phone and laptop to connect to. I was under the impression that the WR702N would be able to connect to this network and let my new computer run on it (I believe it's called client mode?)

Now so far I have not been able to get my computer to recognise the existance of the TPLink modem, despite both ethernet and USB cables being plugged into the computer. I think I need help both logging in and changing the mode from AP to client mode.

I emailed support and was given the instruction to read this FAQ ( http://www.tplink.com/en/article/?faqid=395) however, when following those instructions, after clicking on "Change adapter settings" instead of reading the router, all I get is a blank screen. Would really appreciate some help.

Thank you for your time.

Lambert.
Options
1 Reply
Re:problems with my WR702N
2013-05-06 15:45:25
Before you login to its web interface, you need to configure a static IP address on your PC. That's right.
But i don't understand "after you click on change adapter settings, all you get is a blank screen. This might be a problem on your PC. You may need to fix this problem and then set the static IP address on your PC based on the FAQ article.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 438

Replies: 1

Related Articles